Tier 1 Leadership and Championship Culture Leadership
Total leadership is taking ownership of decisions and outcomes while setting examples by integrating work, home, community, and self-improvement in the whole person concept. The powerful combination of authenticity (being real), integrity (being whole and undivided), and creativity (being innovative) is what sets Tier 1 leadership apart from management, and service above self apart from “climbing the corporate ladder”.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of leadership and the skills manifest in effective leaders
- Demonstrate effective techniques and strategies for articulating a vision
- Demonstrate an understanding of the steps involved in setting goals
- Demonstrate comprehension of the elements and processes involved in decision making
- Ethical Leadership
(Advanced) Championship Culture Leadership
There is a saying in Tier 1 military special operations, “you cannot read the label from inside the jar”, and nowhere is that more apparent than in leadership—in military and business. There is a second saying which truly drives this home, “there are no bad teams, only bad leaders.” This is the mantra of ownership of decisions, outcomes, and culture.
- How to identify the elements of effective team building. Do you have a championship culture?
- Understanding the roles of empowering and delegating as effective leadership skills
- Demonstrate and differentiate relationship between power, delegation, and empowerment of subordinates
- Discuss the role of a leader in initiating change and helping others to adjust to change
- Servant-leader’s role in leadership
- Identify personal leadership orientation and philosophy